Getting user's time from web revlet?

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed Jan 20 23:11:09 EST 2010

Tim-

> I'm working on a simple web based To Do list for some family
> members to share. Pops up items based on date. But I'm in Tokyo,
> other users are in China and the US--it's Monday here while still
> Sunday for you in the US. Want to pop up the items based on the
> date of the user, whether in Asia, US or Europe.

Ah... got it, I think.

Couldn't you just let the server take care of its local date and then
convert it at the user's end when you go to display it? If this is
strictly irev scripting then that won't work because you don't know
the user's info. But if you're using a revlet (and that *is* in the
subject, after all) then you should be able to convert the server's
internet time to the user's local time (assuming the local time on
their computer is correct).

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net