Modal dialog not modal... any hints?

Tereza Snyder tereza at califex.com
Wed Jan 20 10:38:35 EST 2010

On Jan 20, 2010, at 9:11 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Tereza Snyder wrote:
>
>> On Jan 20, 2010, at 8:22 AM, Robert Brenstein wrote:
>>
>>> Have you tried the alternative syntax
>>>
>>> go stack "AskYesOrNo" as modal
>>

>> Yes. Same result. Poop.
>
> Ah - you're missing a poop handler.  Just put this in your dialog stack:
>
> on poop
>  do "What I want you to do"
>  pass poop
> end poop
>
> Passing poop is important, because otherwise it can clog the system and take up unnecessary resources.

hahaha!

> But seriously, tedious as it is it may be time to try this the other way around:
>
> First, see if you can replicate this in isolation.  That is, make a simple stack with nothing but a Cancel button so you can close it, and see if your modal command works there.

OK . I made a test stack, copied the dialog stack, and made a few modifications for testing. Usually when I do this, the problem disappears. The error is obvious. I am humiliated. This time, the error persists! That doesn't mean it isn't humiliatingly obvious, though.

Who can be the first find the horrid, obvious, trivial error?

go url "http://www.califexsoftware.com/stacks/TestModal.rev"

Tereza Snyder
Califex Software, Inc.
<www.califexsoftware.com>