Windows Registry setting - to install fonts

Adrian Williams adrian at clubtype.co.uk
Wed Jan 20 10:10:54 EST 2010

It seems I need to address the Windows Registry to install a font. And again to uninstall it.
To do this I would like to understand what components are required. I've narrowed it down to:

Root Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

Key: \Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts\

Name (arbitrary name to identify this font?): myFont_S180

Value (actual filename of the font, or should that be Menu Name [My Font] ?): MyFont.otf

Value Type: REG_SZ

Write Entry

Can anyone confirm these are the required components?
And what if I have multiple fonts?

Thanks,
Adrian