Rev on kde

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 07:41:51 EST 2010

On 19/01/2010 14:13, Bernard Devlin wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 11:13 AM, Peter Alcibiades
> <palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk>  wrote:
>
>> That too.  Also virtual desktops don't work, revBrowser not available,
>> revPrintField doesn't work, no player for Linux, lots of the functionality
>> seems to be increasingly provided by add-ins from the group which work only
>> on Windows or Mac.  As for instance tRev.
>>
> I know you are not singling out tRev, but just using it as an example.
>   But maybe the third parties who are restricting themselves to
> supporting Windows/OS X are doing this precisely because there are so
> many problems with Rev on Linux.  I have an overwhelming desire to use
> Linux as my desktop, and have been amazed by the high quality of
> modern day Linux when I've used it as a desktop in the last 18 months.
>   I've sometimes gone for months on end using nothing but Linux.  And
> the only reason I've been able to do that is because those were months
> when I didn't use Rev.

Yes, indeed. And, as far as I'm concerned, when my last Mac PPC goes pop
I shall certainly not
be investing in an INTEL Mac - why should I when I can bung lovely Linux
on a comparatively cheap
computer. The only thing that would stop me is RunRev.

Wow, I'm so glad somebody else uses that phrase too . . .  :)

> by the quality of Rev on Linux.  After
> (literally) buying into Rev for years on the prospect that they would
> one day offer a suite of tools for Linux application development that
> matched what they provided on Windows/OS X, I decided that they will
> not get any more money from me until I see them take Linux seriously.
>

> Bernard

Hey, all you "closet Linux users" it is time to OUT yourselves and start
making noises
at RunRev!

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson.