scrollable-like navigation of images in a group-object

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Jan 18 20:35:51 EST 2010

Nicolas Cueto wrote:
> Thanks Mark, but I do not want to rely on the mouse at all. And I do
> not want the image positions changed within the group. It's the group
> itself that should scrolll up and down, so that a row of images above
> or below the group-object boundaries will come into view.
>
> In the meantime, I've discovered one new property: "vScroll".

Or just "scroll" for short. There is also hScroll to move the group
horizontally. I would trap key events and set the scroll of the group by
a few pixels in the right direction on each keypress.

> Now, to find out how to set the border color of image objects...

It isn't easy. I know you can only set a bordercolor using a color that
is already in the image's palette. And the border must not be 3D, and
the image must be opaque. But I just tried it and it doesn't work. Maybe
someone else knows.

I think I got around this in the past by displaying the image as an icon
in a square button and setting the border color of the button instead.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com