revBrowser htmltext trouble on win xp

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Mon Jan 18 11:45:58 EST 2010

Hello Folks,

I am experiencing some trouble here with RevBrowser on windows XP. Windows
is not my main platform, so forgive me if this has been sorted out long ago.

I have some code here that creates an stack and then creates a revBrowser
instance in it, instead of using a URL with revBrowser, I use the htmltext
property to set what is displayed. RevBrowser is being used as a media
viewer for audio, video and youtube videos. This works great on mac but on
my windows machine the htmltext property is simply not being set. After I
set it, if I check it thru revBrowserGet(id, "htmltext") it is empty.

Is there any caveat or bug in revBrowser for windows where we can't create a
new revBrowser object and set its htmltext property on the run?

Cheers and thanks for any help
andre