standalones interacting over the web

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Mon Jan 18 08:22:38 EST 2010

I don't know if this applies to your user case, but Chatrev also runs from my LAN. Now you might think "but it's accessible via the internet?". That is because for a network, a server is anything that accepts connections. I have set my router to forward queries on port 8008 to my iBook (a previous main work computer of mine), and there I have the IDE running with a Chatrev stack.

This works very well, and I'm always flabbergasted about how I did the same thing with a Win98 machine that had dozens of games and lots of other crap installed. That one ran with only 10 to 20 very short downtimes during over 4 years.

If you have questions about this, just join the chatting:
http://bjoernke.com/?target=chatrev

have fun
Bjoernke

--