BSD and HP9K700 standalones . . . ?

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 11:32:57 EST 2010

Built "Metacard 4" on my Ubuntu Box (P4, 1.42 GHZ, 512 MB, Ubuntu 8.04.3
LTS) using
J. Landman Gay's magic stack available at RevOnline.

Downloaded the BSD and HP9K700 engines from

http://www.hot.com.my/metacard/

saved them in a subdirectory inside my MC 4 directory; expanded their
contents (twice)
into subdirectories labelled BSD and HP9K700 respectively

made a goofy, trial stack (i.e. 1 card with 1 button) and built a BSD
standalone -
of course whether the thing works or not I am unable to tell . . .

the stack was 170 bytes, the putative standalone 1.7 MB, so, obviously,
something
happened!

HOWEVER; this circumvents any need to fossick out old versions of RunRev and
chase old serial numbers. It also (seems) to avoid having to save stacks
into legacy
format.