Uniqueness of Group IDs

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Jan 17 00:40:14 EST 2010

Len Morgan wrote:

> Is the group ID unique in a stack or could I have a group 1010 on one
> card and group 1010 on a different card that is a completely different
> group?  I know group IDs can be repeated in different stacks but I
> specifically concerned with group IDs in a single stack.

There is one serial number incrementer in a given atack, and every
object is assigned the next available ID from that incrementer
regardless of the object's type.

You'll find that the first card of a new stack is always ID 1002, and
every object added after that increments from there up.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World