Uniqueness of Group IDs

Len Morgan len-morgan at crcom.net
Sat Jan 16 22:34:48 EST 2010

On 1/16/2010 9:16 PM, Len Morgan wrote:
> Now that Sarah solved my card name problems, I have a question about
> groups on stacks.
>
> I don't want to print out the script of a group more than once if it's
> repeated on several cards.  My question is:
>
> Is the group ID unique in a stack or could I have a group 1010 on one
> card and group 1010 on a different card that is a completely different
> group?  I know group IDs can be repeated in different stacks but I
> specifically concerned with group IDs in a single stack.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> len morgan

And to keep this line of questioning going, it seems I can't list the
controls on a card, at least not by using:

put the number of controls of card 1 of stack pStack into
theNumberOfControls

I thought maybe I'd just "select" the card first, then put the number of
controls into theNumberOfControls,
but that gives me the error: Can't select an object that isn't open.  So
it appears I can read the script of a card
that isn't open but I can't select the card.

I'm getting really confused.

len