RunRev and old standalone choices?

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 09:20:31 EST 2010

On 15/01/2010 15:24, Jan Schenkel wrote:
> --- On Fri, 1/15/10, Richmond Mathewson<richmondmathewson at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>>> Hi Richmond
>>>
>>> The last version or rev that supported other platforms
>>>
>> than Mac, Windows and Linux, is version 2.2.1 - and you can
>> use the Linux 2.5.1 distribution with 'Nix engines of
>> version 2.2.1
>>
>>> Steer your browser to:
>>> <http://www.runrev.com/downloads/all-downloads/full-list/>
>>> and search for 'Unix' - it's about 1/3 from the top of
>>>
>> the page.
>>
>>> HTH,
>>>
>>> Jan Schenkel
>>>

>> Thanks, Jan, for your help.
>>
>> Would you know where I could download 2.2.1 for Mac
>> &/or Windows from?
>>

> All this stuff used to be on the funrev.com FTP site, but has been removed a while ago.
>
> Through a bit of URL swizzling, I found the Windows download:
> <http://downloads.runrev.com/distributions/2.2.1/revolution.zip>
> <http://downloads.runrev.com/distributions/2.2.1/revsetup.exe>
>
> And here's the MacOS 'Classic' download:
> <http://downloads.runrev.com/distributions/2.2.1/revolution.zip>
>
> But I couldn't find the MacOS X download.
>
> Another challenge is the license key - I believe this version didn't have the 10-lines-limited free edition anymore, but required a license key from the mothership, sent to you upon registering the download.

That is correct.

However, as RunRev claim that RR 4 is better than RR 2.2.1 (which is
obviously no true completely
across the board) they might "do the decent thing" and offer all holders
of Licensed versions more recent
than 2.2.1 free licensed copies of 2.2.1 . . . .  :)

Actually, as my RR 4 licence works for 3.5 as well (!!!!), and as RR 4
supposedly obviates all previous
versions I don't see why RunRev should object to licensed users having
access to both all previous
downloads and licences for them.