Inconsistent bottomLeft behavior

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jan 13 19:14:44 EST 2010

zryip theSlug wrote:
> Larry obtains  "card id 1002": execution error at line n/a (Object:
> coordinate is not a point) near "0,1020".
>
> Maybe I'm wrong but it is possible that the compiler is limited to the
> first line of the content of a variable when it returns the error.

The line number should point to the line of his script that has the
error, not the line in the variable. If the compiler doesn't know which
script line has the error, it seems like a compiler problem. But...

> In fact RR would say to Larry that "0,1020&return&1024,0,2034,800" is
> not a point. But the compiler try to keep the secret.

True, although "item 4" would be "1020&return&0" -- which isn't a valid
point either. We need to know if he has multiple monitors.

> So Larry could consider to turn off its second screen (and if it
> greater than mine, send it to me by mail), or use screenRect instead
> of screenRects ;)

Right. Or use "item 4 of line 1" instead.

But the line number in the error message should not be "n/a" in any
case. There is something wrong there.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com