Bill Marriott - flowers and donation to Diabetes research

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Jan 12 08:31:40 EST 2010

The news of Bill's passing came as a sad shock to me as it was for all
of us.  I've met him in person only once, at RevCon Vegas where we
enjoyed a drink together under the desert stars at Red Rock Canyon, but
had spoken with him on the phone and corresponded with him many times
over the years.

He's been enormously helpful to me personally, and as Kevin noted his
contributions to the Rev community speak for themselves.  His energy and
enthusiasm showed him so full of life that I had expected to see him
continue his good work for many years to come.

Yes, he expressed his opinions strongly, both before he joined RunRev
and during his tenure there.  I liked that about him:  his candor was
refreshing; I never had to guess where he was coming from. I used to
take exception to some of his ideas, but over time I came to appreciate
that he had a long experience in this industry to back it up, and his
love of Rev was in earnest, passionately so.  I learned a lot from him.

It's very rare to find someone who can not only market a complex product
like Rev, but can do so as effectively by knowing it intimately from
having scripted in it for many years.  He had a unique insight into the
mind of the Rev customer by having been one himself.  He will be missed
here, and his work will be missed by all of us.

I'll be sending flowers to his memorial service on behalf of the Rev
Developer Community, and making a modest donation to the American
Diabetes Association in his name.

If any of you would like to make a contribution to that please contact
me offlist and we'll make arrangements to pool our donations.

If you'd like to donate directly to the American Diabetes Association
you can do so here:
<http://www.diabetes.org/how-to-give/ways-to-donate-give/>

--
  Richard Gaskin