Crappy Website

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 13:57:11 EST 2010

On 10/01/2010 20:25, Mark Swindell wrote:
> On Jan 10, 2010, at 6:54 AM, Richmond Mathewson wrote:
>

>> I have to dig my sickly sweet smile out
>> of the pickle barrel ready for the start
>> of teaching the tinies tomorrow.
>>

> Sorry to hear you don't possess an honest, welcoming smile you could produce to welcome your kids back to school.  They're just kids, and they're just doing the job the adults have sent them off to do.
>
> Mark

I'm sorry to see that you did not realise that I was being tongue-in-cheek.

If I really wanted to "make money" I would be out in the Arabian Gulf where
I once earned in a month twice what I earn here in a year. I make just
enough
to pay my bills - and the only reason I do this work is because, in the
first time
in my life I have a job in which I passionately believe.

And . . .

By-the-by

most parents know little or nothing about what constitutes good holistic
education, so I make damn sure the kids are NOT doing the job the adults
have sent them off to do: I make sure the children are learning in a
child-centred safe environment which is completely unlike the
semi-Dickensian school methods that are standard here in Bulgaria.

You have 'pricked me hard' on that one as I live for my teaching, and
I do not 'teach to live'.