prehandler: (was: Locking size and position)

DunbarX at aol.com DunbarX at aol.com
Fri Jan 8 15:35:37 EST 2010

Jacques.

OK, as mainly a development aid I see all that.

Rev is far less forgiving about trapping reserved words than you-know-what,
so (I think) I cannot write a handler that traps "set", checks to see if my
immovable object is in danger, and acts appropriately.

There was discussion a while back to have a universal handler trap in the
engine, way in the front, that could be analyzed at will. What do you think?
Before even the frontscripts, offer a control structure like:

on preHandler theMessage,paramList
end preHandler

It almost always just passes the usual stuff through, but you could check
it at will to see, perhaps, if 'myImmovableObject' was somewhere in the
paramList, and catch the "set" message that might be about to change its loc.

Craig