Locking size and position

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Jan 8 14:34:14 EST 2010

DunbarX at aol.com wrote:
> I take it all back.
>
> If I agree that a script should be able to move (or resize) an object whose
> lockLoc is "true" because scripts probably have a good reason for doing so,
> but that a user is precluded from doing so with a mouse, then why would
> that user be given the right to do so with an arrowKey? Not a bug per se, but
> certainly not consistent.

It dates back to the MetaCard days. People were doing layouts and
accidentally moving objects they didn't want to move because they were
dragging a selection around several things at once. They asked for a
lock so that drag-selecting wouldn't select specified objects. Ergo,
lockloc. It's strictly to ease developers during the construction phase.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com