Scale ImageSource?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri Jan 8 00:52:02 EST 2010

Recently, Terry Judd wrote:

>> Can anyone think of way to scale the imageSource representation of an image
>> in a field without actually scaling the source image?

> What about exporting the scaled image object to a 'random' temporary
> file (using the tempname function), setting the imagesource and then
> deleting the file. That way you should avoid the caching issues that Jacqui
> brought up the other day.

As Jacque said, an interesting idea Terry.  In fact, the imageSource caching
"feature" could actually work to my benefit since the thumbnails could all
be exported to a single temp image without fear of updating the other
imageSource references.  Using one fileName would be a bit less messy than
using 40 or so separate exports I would have to deal with (40 thumbnails).

Thanks & Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX Design