Scale ImageSource?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu Jan 7 17:07:18 EST 2010

Can anyone think of way to scale the imageSource representation of an image
in a field without actually scaling the source image?

I have a bunch of Web based thumbnail images that are larger than I would
like, which I want to display in a field via imageSource links.  The only
way I can think to scale the imageSource display is to set the fileName of
an intermediate image object to the URL of the thumbnail, scale the
intermediate image, and then point the imageSource items in the field at the
intermediate image object.  But then I think I would need a separate
intermediate image for every imageSource reference, which will eventually
become unmanageable.

I tried adding standard HTML size tags (width =, height =) to the HTMLtext
of the field but these seem to be ignored.

Any other ideas on how I might do this?

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director