65535 limit?

Cal Horner calhorner at xtra.co.nz
Wed Jan 6 15:47:07 EST 2010

an ancient history, as anyone that has worked with early mainframe machines
will know. And I don't think there are too many of us on this list.

 32767 was the maximum value(in binary) that could be held in one word. BTW,
you have to be a master of binary math's in order to understand this.  32768
meant that the number was negative.

As you pointed out 65534 is half of 32767 logic dictates that that is the
maximum positive value that can be held in two words.

Just remember this, even though you are cutting code in a human like
language when it is passed to the CPU it has to be converted to machine code
and therefore is converted back to the ancient language of the first
computer gurus.

Now, as far as having what I would hazard to call a "virtual" control. One
that is scrollable to the limit you wish to use. It can't be done in runrev.
You will have to fake it.

How do I know. Well I tried to do the same thing you want to do and after
many bashings of my forehead on the keyboard I was pointed in the right
direction.

If you have a look at this:
http://n4.nabble.com/Virtual-Scrolling-window-td325059.HTML#a325060

Perhaps that will straighten things out.

Cal