shell

Hershel Fisch hershrev at syp2u4c.com
Wed Jan 6 13:36:10 EST 2010

First of all thanks,

On 1/5/10 9:07 AM, "Bernard Devlin" <bdrunrev at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Hershel,
>
> The way to work with remote shells is with rsh or ssh.  I'm assuming
> that your client platform is os x or linux, and your server platform
> is linux.
My server is FreeBSD or OSX, Client is OSX and Win.

> What is the problem with writing multiple arguments?  Do you mean
> multiple successive shell commands, or multiple arguments to one
> program?

I want to write a GUI to connect to the server. Now I see in Rev, when a
shell command is issued its sent and returns the prompt, if I need to
respond to that prompt then it issues a different shell session and not a
continuation of the previous one, e.g. I want to connect to a server or
change user, put shell("su - userABC") it returns "password" that means that
it wants a password to continue now where and who can I provide a password
it should continue the current session? In terminal I just type it in and
its done.
Now when I'll know how to do it in Rev, then I can develop the majority of
front end GUI's for server's, like the one I want to do now, a Hylafax+
admin and user client.

Thanks in advanced, Hershel