create a plist from script with iRev

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 17:45:23 EST 2010

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 12:39 AM, Thomas McGrath III <mcgrath3 at mac.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have a way or explanation on how to create a plist file on
> revOnline via script???
>
> It turns out that Apple recommends using a pList over json or xml for
> transferring data via NSUrl.
>
> There would be a lot of things I could do if I knew how to create them.
>
> (on the desktop I can do them and upload manually but then I would still
> have to populate them online)

Tom, I have a stack that I use for editing plist files:
http://www.troz.net/rev/stacks/PlistEditor.rev

Perhaps you could start with an existing plist and use the scripts in
here to modify them.
When you say revOnline, do you mean On-Rev? revOnline doesn't allow
anything other than stack hosting does it?
As regards On-Rev, the servers are Linux machines, so the plutil
command will not be available, as it is OS X only.

Cheers,
Sarah