Error while generating a Linux standalone

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Jan 3 12:17:11 EST 2010

Andre Rombauts wrote:
>> anybody else tells me it is a BIG MISTAKE spinning off standalones
>> for any
>> platform from a platform other than the target one.
>
> It is one of RunRev assets to produce easily multi-platforms
> applications.
> Testing on each, might not be a problem but why should I generated on
> an another platform?
> If this is an issue why is it offered as a feature in Runrev?...

I can't speak highly enough of the benefits of testing and tweaking on
each of the platforms one develops for, but as far as the mechanics of
building standalones I've had good success for many years building for
OS X, Win, and Linux from my Mac.  Win standalones run without
alteration, and the Linux builds run as soon as I set their executable
bit within Linux.  The build process itself has always been flawless
here (with the only exceptions being "user error", things I may have
forgotten to include or set up properly, easily remedied).

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World