RunRev 4 on Mac OS 10.3

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 06:39:43 EST 2010

Well, here I am in "Merry England" - or, to put it another way, Smug
England; the
country that is creeping towards a police state, and where everybody is
convinced
the place is better than anywhere else. Nice to see Mum and Dad, but will be
jolly
glad to go back to Bulgaria; at least the Bulgarians, despite all the really
obvious
problems with their country don't have CCTV cameras on every corner,
draconian
regulations about everything, and think they are the bee's knees.

Somebody eve said "well, at least we still have a free press." Har, har,
har.

So, to RunRev:

I am typing this on an original, tray-loading iMac:

 Machine Model:    iMac
  CPU Type:    PowerPC 750  (2.2)
  Number Of CPUs:    1
  CPU Speed:    233 MHz
  L2 Cache (per CPU):    512 KB
  Memory:    160 MB
  Bus Speed:    67 MHz
  Boot ROM Version:    1.3.f2

running Mac OS X 10.3.9

glacially slow (as I will be taking possession of this machine in the summer
I will run the Crucial scanner on it and pop it up to its max of 512 RAM
then),
but it runs RunRev Studio 4 without any hitches at all. The only real snags
being the
lack of a firewire port (backups run very slowly onto an external HD via
USB) and
the max screen res of 1024 x 768.

Auto-detected Dad's Ethernet-Broadband modem!

very nice, compact little machine.