Ideas to simulate a multithreaded sockets server

Marcio Alexandroni marcio at cialogica.com.br
Sat Feb 27 12:00:58 EST 2010

Hi Bjoernke,

As I could understand, even using "accept with message", "read with
message", the processing will not be concurrent but queued. If there are 3
connections, it will accept ConnA and queue, ConnB and queue, ConnC and
queue, then will process the queue in line. If I have some reads in depth,
it will be queueing the messages generated after the read.

Did I understood it right?

Thinkig about on-rev and to be able to deploy it, thinkig about RevServer, I
could reimplement my communication protocol over HTTP, with full
multithreading and concurrent support from the Apache and the RevServer
message processing, then I could be handling the messaging system like I do
today, all requests processed immediately.

Thanks for your ideas.

Regards,

Marcio Alexandroni
www.cialogica.com.br