All Cards

Klaus on-rev klaus at major.on-rev.com
Sat Feb 27 10:44:03 EST 2010

Hi Camm,

> I have a fld in each card called "Version"
>
> I wish to put "Version 1.x.x" into fld "Version" of each card in the stack
>
> Can it be done with one line ? or am I missing something simple ?

1. you could use ONE grouped field that you could place on all cards,
With its "shraedtext" property set to true this is less overhead, since you only
have ONE field to maintain. If this fits to your app design, of course.

2. Write a tiny repeat loop to go through all cards and fill the field:
lock screen
repeat with i = 1 to the num of cds
  if there is a fld "version" then put "Version 1.1.1.1.1" into fld "version of cd i
  end if
end repeat
unlock screen
## Will be fast enough for most purposes!

> Best Regards
>
> Camm

Best

Klaus