Conference-DVDs arrived

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 21:21:25 EST 2010

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 2:53 PM, Richmond Mathewson
<richmondmathewson at gmail.com> wrote:

> All things are a matter of degree. Carrying anything to its reductio ad
> absurdam
> will show its silly side.

Richmond, there was nothing absurd about my son's example, it was a
real life situation. The other example was hyperthetical, but I said
'might die', not that they did.

> What I learnt is that, if at all possible, one should not let personal
> problems get in the way;

But that is not what you wrote. I believe it was you who capitalized
the never, multiple times, in your post, not your professor.

But this is all beating around in circles. What I think I really found
objectionable about your post was that you were fully aware that Kevin
had suffered the loss of two family* members and therefore if you
consider my sons' story reductio ad absurdam, then how could you
possibly type out a sentence suggesting personal problems should NEVER
NEVER interfere, and then, as if to rub salt into the wound, compare
it to turning up to work with the flu and a cup of Lemsip.

Sorry, I just found it ALL VERY INSENSITIVE.

* I don't actually know how many employees work for RunRev, but I'm
guessing there are less of them than in my own family, so in such a
small work environment, I consider that everyone at RunRev was deeply
effected by the passing of Bill Marriott to the extent that it was
similar to the death of a relative.