OT: Any recommendations for some Mac OS x Apps?

Klaus on-rev klaus at major.on-rev.com
Fri Feb 26 12:03:33 EST 2010

Hi Matthias,

here my personal list of equivalent Mac apps:

> Dear All,
>
> I am looking for some good alternatives for my existing windows apps, when switching/extending  to MacOSx.
> Under Windows I use
> Texteditor              :  Ultraedit
TextWrangler, free
<http://www.barebones.com/products/textwrangler/>

> IconEditor             : IconWorkshop
Any image editing tool for creation of the the necessary PNG graphics and
"IconComposer" from the Apple Developer Tools, which are free after free registration at Apple.

> FTP Client              :  WsFTP
I paid 20,- Euro for Captain FTP, but there is CyberDuck, a free alternative:
<http://cyberduck.ch/>

> MySQL Frontend: HeidiSQL
SeQueL Pro, free
<http://code.google.com/p/sequel-pro/>

> TextureTool          : Texturemaker
Sorry, no idea.

> I am also looking for a free Graphic program
e.g. GIMP, free, still needs X11
<http://www.ginp.org>

> and a 3D animation program.
Blender, free
<http://www.blender.org/>

> So are there any free or at least cheap MacOSx alternatives.

Except Blender and GIMP I use all of these apps in my works.

> Best regards,
>
> Matthias

Best

Klaus