Freezing solid

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 01:28:58 EST 2010

John,

Sometimes you are lucky, and in this situation, where cmd-period does
nothing, and you can't get menu control via the mouse, keyboard
shortcuts still work, so cmd-s will save your work and as an added
bonus, sometimes even brings the stack back to life. If it doesn't,
when you Force Quit you'll find that nothing has been lost :-).
Sometimes, cmd-q works, to Quit, but if you click on the Cancel
button, again the stack comes back to life. In this case I usually
immediately Save.

For this to work the Rev IDE menu must be at the front, so either I
click on one of my stacks that has no menu of it's own, or I have to
click on the Property Inspector or the Message Box. Sometimes I need
to click another application (Preview) to bring it to the front then
click on the Property Inspector, Message Box or Rev Dock Icon to
'activate' the Rev IDE menu.

HTH
PS I write terrible code so I attribute Rev's Lock-up more to my
failings rather than Revs ;-)