Altering HTML Text

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Tue Feb 23 19:45:03 EST 2010


Hi Ray. 

I just checked the encoding of the site and it's correct. I spoke with my web guy, and he seems to think that there is metadata in the source of all web sites that are not displayed in a browser, but which are apparently there nonetheless. When you select "Show Source" in a browser menu, the browser is smart enough to filter out the metadata, but apparently the function that gets the source for a RevBrowser instance is not. 

I do not think you will find a way to deal with this, unless you can filter out every character with an ASCII value over 128. Still, some characters lie quotes are showing up as Capital A's with umlauts over them. 

Please not that with the web site I tried, http://po.cccm.com your code worked exactly as expected, given that I inserted the <base> tag to deal with the relative references in the html. I also noticed that you are trying to display a table. I think this is where the metadata (or whatever the extra characters are) is coming from. 

But the bottom line is, I do not think that the RevBrowser is properly interpreting the source. My impression of RevBrowser is that it is a bare bones basic method of getting a web page to display in a Revolution window. It is not something you can really get into the nuts and bolts of. 

Bob


On Feb 23, 2010, at 6:20 PM, Ray Horsley wrote:

> Bob,
> 
> Thanks for you interest in this thing.  Here's a stack I  put together for André.  I thought you might like to take a look at it.
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Ray




More information about the Use-livecode mailing list