Yet an Odder selection hangup

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Feb 22 19:01:01 EST 2010

DunbarX at aol.com wrote:
> Here is a better one, if anybody is listening. There is more going on than
> first appears.
>
> Create two objects. Place this script in object 1:
>
> on selectedObjectChanged
>     set the selected of the target to false
> end selectedObjectChanged
>
> Go into edit mode and drag across object 1. Yes, the handles linger, and by
> the way you can only resize, not relocate, that object. Now and forever.
> Change modes. I don't care.
>
> Next...
>
> Get back to edit mode and drag object 2 around. Works fine. If you start a
> drag outisde that object, it doesn't move. (why should it?).
>
> If you now select object 2, and start a drag inside OBJECT 1, it does move.
> You cannot relocate object 1, but you can relocate object 2.
>
> Arcane, but a bug.

Bob's right, you need to pass the message. Otherwise the IDE backscript
won't get it (so it can't handle selections) and the engine won't get it
either.

Tests with the browse tool won't do anything because the message is not
sent with that tool. Right-clicking does work here to deselect the
object, but only when done with the edit tool. A quick test shows the
behavior I think you're expecting if you pass the message.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com