Here's a concrete example of the linux font problem

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 22 04:16:34 EST 2010

Here is a concrete example.  I don't understand how Rev can be handling
fonts in such a way that this happens.

We open Rev, create a new stack, a new button, and then set the fonts.  The
choices available in the 'i' category are these:

itwasntme
itc avantgarde
itc bookman
itc zapf chancery

Now we open OpenOffice and choose a font in a word document, and are
offered, in the 'i' category, these choices:

idautomation3of9
iscopeur
iscocteur
itwasntme
italian garamond

So how exactly is Rev getting its fonts?  And why does it appear to get a
bunch that OpenOffice is not getting?  And why does it fail to get the
idautomation?  Just to verify, I tried Kwrite.  This gets the same fonts as
OpenOffice, with an additional one, impact.

Very strange.

Peter