displaying numerous large image files quickly

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 19:18:58 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 5:34 AM, Mark Swindell <mdswindell at cruzio.com> wrote:
> I'm working on a simple game of concentration for the kids I teach.
>
> I have 24 small image rectangles grouped on a card that are populated in a repeat loop which sets their fileNames to line x of a list of filenames held in a variable.  These files can be large images.

How about shrinking the images the first time they are loaded, if they
are bigger than the image rectangles?
This would make the first run take longer, but you could show a
progress indicator: "Importing picture x of y...".
Subsequent runs would be much faster if the images were smaller.

Cheers,
Sarah