"the files", "get URL" and Unicode File Names

Igor de Oliveira Couto igor at pixelmedia.com.au
Sun Feb 21 00:32:14 EST 2010

Dear Stephen,

Many thanks for the suggestion:

On 21/02/2010, at 4:25 PM, stephen barncard wrote:

> Igor, why don't you try and use "the detailed files", URLDecode it and parse
> out the filenames? Perhaps URLDecoding can preserve those characters.
>
> just a thought. Not tested.

I tried it, and it doesn't work. When the file name is a "ĉ" (c+circumflex), for instance, it encodes it as 2 separate characters: a "c" and a "^" circumflex. When I URLdecode it, therefore, I end up with a "c^". The name of the file is different, and Revolution's functions (get url, there is a file, etc.) cannot find the file...

Please do send any more suggestions, though. I really want this to work, and I'll try anything!!!  :)

Kind Regards,

--
Igor de Oliveira Couto
Sydney, Australia