Search / replace

Glen Bojsza gbojsza at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 21:57:52 EST 2010

Sorry to bother everyone but either I'm tired or brain dead.

I have a field which has hundreds of lines.

For all [ in the field I need to check to see if the character to it's
immediate left is a number.

If it is a number then the [ is to be converted into an _.

If it is not a number then the [ is to be removed (no substitution or
spaces).

I need to be able to cycle through the entire field which each line may
contain several [.

Any thoughts would be appreciated as I have tried using a combination of
find characters and foundchunk on the field without success.

thanks,