inconsistent font setting behaviour

Nicolas Cueto niconiko at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 21:51:03 EST 2010

Thanks again Scott.

I've now tried your advice on my computer here (tho not yet on the
problem PCs).

Good news and bad news.

The good news is the font sizes change.

The bad is the line height. I fiddled with textHeight and even
individual field objects' fixedLineHeight true/false.

But no change in line height. Just a brief flicker, and then things
continue to look the same.

I thought fixedLineHeight settings might be the problem. So I tried
true/false for thisk, plus tried variations of scriptline arrangement.

For example, these variations:

on mouseUp
   put the textHeight of this card into tNewTextHeight
   add 1 to tNewTextHeight
   set the textHeight of this card to tNewTextHeight
end mouseUp

on mouseUp
   put the textHeight of this card into tNewTextHeight
   add 1 to tNewTextHeight
   set the fixedLineHeight of field "x" to false
   set the textHeight of this card to tNewTextHeight
   wait 1 second
   set the fixedLineHeight of field "x" to true
end mouseUp

on mouseUp
   put the textHeight of this card into tNewTextHeight
   add 1 to tNewTextHeight
   set the textHeight of this card to tNewTextHeight
   wait 1 second
   set the fixedLineHeight of field "x" to false
   set the fixedLineHeight of field "x" to true
end mouseUp

Why might lineheight be a problem here?

--
Nicolas Cueto