socket error 54?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Feb 16 17:20:32 EST 2010

Sarah Reichelt wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 3:03 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>> I have a weird connection which drops my socket about 25MBs into a 34MB
>> upload using libURL.
>>
>> The session transcript ends with:
>> socket error <ip>|6927
>> Error 54 reading socket
>>
>> What is error 54?
>
> "Connection reset by peer".
>
> But does peer mean the server or your app?
> Is it a timeout thing?

Thanks, Sarah.

FWIW, I've found that I can upload the file to the same server without
difficulty at home, it's only here in the office that the connection
times out.

I think it may be a router thang, but I've reviewed those settings and I
can't turn up anything that seems relevant.

But oddly enough, I find that I can upload the same file to Dreamhost
without difficulty; it's only with Bluehost that I have this issue.

:(

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World