Stack message once all libs are loaded?

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 16 10:09:00 EST 2010

--- On Tue, 2/16/10, Jeff Massung <massung at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to get my app to load up a
> web page immediately on startup, but
> this is not going well at all. preOpenStack, openStack,
> startup, all of
> these messages fail to work for me since - at that time -
> the internet
> library group hasn't been initialized yet, and my call to
> LOAD fails.
>
> Is there any message I can key off of to say "once the
> background groups are
> open and the internet library is initialized, do X?"
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jeff M.

Hi Jeff,

The simplest way is to 'send' a message from your startup/openstack/... handler, to be executed in 0 milliseconds. This way, the message will be triggered right after everything is loaded in terms of libraries.

##
on openStack
  send "FetchWelcomePage" to me in 0 milliseconds
end openStack
on FetchWelcomePage
  put URL("http://www.example.org/welcome.htm" into field "Welcome"
end FetchWelcomePage
##

HTH,

Jan Schenkel
=====
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>

=====