OT: Playing MP3's on Web Pages (was "Our Place in Hawaii")

Howard Bornstein howard.bornstein at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 15:10:02 EST 2010

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 5:55 PM, Sivakatirswami <katir at hindu.org> wrote:

> On one site we are currently staging in Drupal (stalled now, and I'm not
> sure we really want to go there -- Drupal seems to be  an esoteric beast!
> Only dragon slayers can walk in those swamps!)  one module for playing sound
> using this embed code:
>
> <embed src='
> http://himalayanacademy.com/audio/inspiredtalks/bodhinatha/2009/bd_2009-03-14_Control-of-Speech.mp3'
> autostart='false' width='220' height='30'></embed>
>
> Though I think the above is deprecated in favor of "object" but appears to
> be totally browser, media player "agnostic" and looks like it is hoping to
> stay out of the way and let the local machine/browser make up its mind how
> to play the media.
>
> Howard, I changed the embed code the simple version above. can you try
> again?

Sorry, I didn't see your question until today. It isn't clear to me what you
changed, but both the link above and your original link now play fine under
my version of FireFox (3.5.7): (OSX 10.5.8, Intel). Both the slides and the
sound worked the first time for me under Safari (4.04)

--
Regards,

Howard Bornstein