File Associations?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sat Feb 13 15:12:12 EST 2010

Hi List:

Are there any pages/docs out there that deal with setting up file
associations on Win/Mac?

It's been years since I've built an app that reads/writes files and I've
forgotten how to manage this stuff (my knowledge was probably out of date
anyway).  I found Ken Ray's dev page that talks about setting up Windows
file associations (still trying to get my head around using environment
variables), and been through the mail archives trying to locate info about
Mac app signature codes, but I'm wondering if this stuff has been compiled
somewhere that I don't know about.

Thanks for any pointers.

Regards,

Scott Rossi