Behavior Nightmare

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri Feb 12 06:04:31 EST 2010

Does anyone know what the message order is for behaviors assigned to
multiple objects?

I have a set behaviors assigned to a card, and a set of behaviors assigned
to a group that is placed on the same card.  It seems that the behavior
scripts of card are being handled *before* the behavior scripts of the
group.  Is this expected behavior?  Is there some way I can have the scripts
of group processed before those of the card?

I've been trying to migrate a bunch of object/card/stack scripts to
behaviors and it has been a major pain trying to get messages to naturally
"fall" between objects the same way messages work in the normal message
hierarchy.  I can't use a single set of behaviors for all the objects
because there are common mouse event messages that need to be handled across
objects depending on what object is clicked (ie mouseDown on the group does
something different than mouseDown on the card).

Thanks for any advice/suggestions (needed to have this done 2 days ago and
am beating my head against the wall).

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director