Page numbers for marked cards for printing part 2

charles61 cszasz at mac.com
Thu Feb 11 15:07:32 EST 2010

Mary,

Correction - I do get an error when I use the following script:

on preOpenCard

mark card "eligibility"
repeat with x = 1 to the number of marked cards
  put "Page" && x into field "PageNumber" of marked card x
end repeat

end preOpenCard

This script generates the following error message:

card "Eligibility": execution error at line 5 (Chunk: no such object) near "PageNumber", char 23

Any suggestions?

On Jan 6, 2010, at 1:50 PM, Marty Knapp [via Runtime Revolution] wrote:

> I would place a field on each card that you can populate just before you
> print
>
> repeat with x=1 to the number of marked cards
>    put "Page" && x into fld "PageNumber" of marked card x
> end repeat
>
> --do your printing
> --then clear the field:
>
> repeat with x=1 to the number of marked cards
>    put empty into fld "PageNumber" of marked card x
> end repeat
>
> > I have been working on a project that uses marked cards based on an user's
> > input. When the user selects a card or cards, they become marked for
> > printing. I want to add a page number at the bottom when printing the marked
> > cards.
> > There are around 70 cards which makes it very difficult to include page
> > numbers on the cards when printing since they may not be sequential. In my
> > situation, only about 6 to 11 cards would been selected by the user. Has
> > anybody developed a means of assigning page numbers to marked cards when
> > printing them as marked cards?

Charles Szasz
cszasz at mac.com