FileTypes and Creators

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Thu Feb 11 14:04:28 EST 2010

RE file types and creators, this is a utility that every mac developer
should have. It allows examination and batch change of file types and
creators.

FILE TYPE AND CREATOR
http://www.frederikseiffert.de/filetype/

This is a great companion for batch suffix OR any name changes:
R-NAME
http://movieconverter.online.fr/DL/R-NameUB.zip

the original author and his website have disappeared, but someone has kindly
recompiled from the source code this version, Universal, which works with
Mac OS10.5.8 PPC for me. There is some word that this utility destroys
spotlight comments, no biggie for me.

Both are Donationware products that I've used for years.
Stephen Barncard
San Francisco
http://houseofcubes.com/disco.irev

On 11 February 2010 10:50, stephen barncard <stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com