Sorta OT: Buying runrev?

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 11:29:44 EST 2010

Hi Andrew,

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 3:28 PM, Andrew Kluthe <andrew at rjdfarm.com> wrote:
> Yesterday I got the go ahead to get what I need for development.
> The WorldPay shopping system refuses to take any of our company cards, even
> after calling our cardholder and making sure everything was clear and I was
> giving it the right information, etc.

It happens for me all the time, as I'm on the other side of the pond.
I made a purchase today for less than $100, and had it refused by my
credit card company until I phoned them up and verified it.  Last
month the same thing happened when I made a $6 (!) purchase of an
ebook via credit card.  Both times because I was buying from a site in
the US.

I guess there is an awful lot of credit card fraud going on.  It's
inconvenient, and even laughable in the case of a $6 purchase.

If you've ever set up a payment system using paypal or google checkout
or many of the others, you'll know that electronic payments is a whole
world of pain.  Unbelievable, but there it is.

Hopefully your email will be seen by someone at RunRev soon.

Bernard