Noob Stacks Questions

Jim Bufalini jim at visitrieve.com
Thu Feb 11 05:54:15 EST 2010

Andrew Kluthe wrote:

> Thank you for all of the useful info. Truth be told, I didn't really
> understand the full extent of stacks in rev.

Andrew,

All of the advice you are being given here about the use of main stacks, sub
stacks, library stacks, splash screens, etc. is all "correct" for different
purposes. However, since you are new to Rev, I'm sure your head is spinning
a bit with all the possibilities.

As I understand it, you want to build an entire application that is
professional,  modular and can be expanded on in the future. For this, what
I am going to recommend to you is that you download and use Trevor's
excellent GLX Application Framework from:

http://www.bluemangolearning.com/revolution/software/libraries/glx-applicati
on-framework/

This will give you a huge head start and just using this framework and
understanding why it is set up the way it is, will make a lot of things
clear to you, as well as provide you with many of the structures and
handlers you would normally have to construct yourself. It also has
extensive help.

And, the good news is you won't have to go back to your Supervisor for more
budget, because it is free.

Aloha from Hawaii,

Jim Bufalini