anyone found a way around 4-5 second latency in read from process?

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 04:31:52 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 5:12 PM, Josh Mellicker <josh at dvcreators.net> wrote:
> Thanks Bernard, good tips... I am experiencing this delay compared to running the same command in Terminal in OS X... I have also tried changing the
> idleRate but that doesn't seem to affect "read from process". Perhaps an external is the best solution.

Josh,

I would think devising, testing and including a cross platform
external was the last thing I'd do.

What does the application do that you're opening with "read from
process"?  Is it network or hardware-related - could that be
introducing the delay?  Or is this latency something that occurs wth
everything to do with "read from process" on OS X?  I really don't
remember seeing such a delay on OS X.  Is it possible you can do a
test and see if e.g. just running 'ls' and reading back the results
comes with a 5 second delay on OS X.  If so, it really should be
entered into RQCC. I searched RQCC and can see no report on this.

If even the simple test I outlined proves your case then, you may have
to look for another solution :-/

Bernard