Quickly View Contents Of An Array

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Wed Feb 10 12:12:06 EST 2010

Well if you know SQL syntax like the back of your hand and dream about insert statements, then you could get by without it I suppose. But if you are not that keen on SQL then I highly recommend it, because it offers a way to do quite complex database operations without knowing ANYTHING about SQL. Trevor's support has been excellent for me (God knows I have needed it).

Another thing I find useful, is that it stores information about your database like schemas and such, and also it reconnects it if detects that the connection is dropped. This works great for network local connections, but have found that when a remote mySQL like on-rev server has dropped the connection and Revolution tries to reconnect, there is a HUGE lag of many minutes before the command fails. This is not a problem with sqlYoga, but I think has something to do with how the remote SQL server handles attempts to connect that are not valid. The solution is to close you connections when finished, which is good programming practice anyway.

Bob