Problem Updating mySQL Record

Jim Bufalini jim at visitrieve.com
Tue Feb 9 22:56:15 EST 2010

Hi Andrew,

It's difficult to look at long code in an email especially when lines are
wrapped. So you may want to make available a sample stack that contains
enough code that demonstrates what isn't working for download (don't try to
attach it to an email to this list). In this case it should also have the
schema of the DB. Also, for me to really look at code, I like to see
explicit variable declaration (my preference). But, just looking through the
below (and I assume you copied this right out of your editor) there are a
couple of anomalies that I see:

1. *if tCropSharePercent is empty then put "N/A" into tCropSharePercent* Is
this column typed as numeric in your DB schema?

2. *put "tleasepayments" into pTable* Shouldn't this be the opposite?

3. Your construction of pSetQuery and pConditions together with the comment
lines are difficult to read in this email. Try using the *format* command
and "wrap" your lines using the "\" char, even in a stack script. This will
allow more people to easily read, jump in, and pick up on what may be the
problem and you will get the answer you need from this list a lot quicker.

Aloha from Hawaii,

Jim Bufalini