Problems with a standalone for Linux

Andre.Bisseret Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr
Tue Feb 9 06:01:29 EST 2010

Thanks a lot Sahah for your attention and your answer

Le 8 févr. 10 à 23:14, Sarah Reichelt a écrit :

> On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 3:08 AM, Andre.Bisseret <Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr
> > wrote:
>> Bonjour,
>>
>> I have an app. that I saved as standalones for the three platforms
>> (Mac,
>> Windows and Linux).
>>
>> A first stack is launched which includes the engine and 3 buttons,
>> each of
>> which opens an independant stack (say stack1, stack2 and stack3).
>>
>> The 3 buttons have exactly the same script (on mouseUp, they call a
>> same
>> command "ouvrirCeStack").
>>
>> They are working well on Mac and Windows ;
>>
>> But one user of Linux reports that only the two first buttons are
>> working
>> normally. The third one does not open the corresponding stack!!!
>>
>> How is that possible ??
>
> Is stack3 correctly built into the standalone?
It is not in the standalone. As the 2 other stacks it is called by its
fileName
> Is the a preOpen.. or open... handler in stack 3 that could be
> causing an error?
No there is no such handlers
> Can you build a version which displays the result if there is a
> problem - that would help work out what the error is?
OK, I will search how one do that and try ;-)

>> Another problem with this Linux standalone :
>>
>> On stack1 (which open normally) there is a button "help" which
>> alternatively
>> change the visibile of a field "help" (shows or hides it)
>> Here again works well on Mac and Windows but, with the Linux
>> standalone, my
>> user says that when he clicks on this button the field "help" is
>> shown but
>> is immediately hidden, and the stack is closed!!
>

> Perhaps he is double-clicking on the button which would show then
> hide.
That was my first hypothesis but he said he does not double-click
> One way to avoid this is to have the button show the help field, and
> then a click in the help field itself hides it.
I have the two possibilities to hide the field (click on the field or
re-click on the button

Not easy for me to find what is wrong with the Linux  version. I have
no opportunity to make quick trials and my user lives in another town
(I sent him the app on a CD).
Anyway, thanks much again Sahah

Best regards from Grenoble

André