Problems with a standalone for Linux

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 04:06:56 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 5:08 PM, Andre.Bisseret <Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr> wrote:
> But one user of Linux reports that only the two first buttons are working
> normally. The third one does not open the corresponding stack!!!
>
> How is that possible ??

Andre,  This is maybe not what you want to hear.

I build a message logging feature into my applications.  Throughout my
code I have messages sent to the log, along with a priority level and
a message.  This means that debugging can be done outside the IDE by
seeing what is in the log.

logMessage 3, "going to open help stack"
logMessage 2, "user selected exit"

That way by setting a variable at the start that turns logging on my
app can produce a log of events.  And by setting the priority level I
can determine how verbose the logging is.

I know it's of little help to you in this situation.  Unless you
re-write your application to do messsage logging. It is probably less
effort to install Linux in a VM and then run your app within the IDE
and see what's happening.

Bernard