Problems with a standalone for Linux

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 17:14:55 EST 2010

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 3:08 AM, Andre.Bisseret <Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr> wrote:
> Bonjour,
>
> I have an app. that I saved as standalones for the three platforms (Mac,
> Windows and Linux).
>
> A first stack is launched which includes the engine and 3 buttons, each of
> which opens an independant stack (say stack1, stack2 and stack3).
>
> The 3 buttons have exactly the same script (on mouseUp, they call a same
> command "ouvrirCeStack").
>
> They are working well on Mac and Windows ;
>
> But one user of Linux reports that only the two first buttons are working
> normally. The third one does not open the corresponding stack!!!
>
> How is that possible ??

Is stack3 correctly built into the standalone?
Is the a preOpen.. or open... handler in stack 3 that could be causing an error?
Can you build a version which displays the result if there is a
problem - that would help work out what the error is?

> Another problem with this Linux standalone :
>
> On stack1 (which open normally) there is a button "help" which alternatively
> change the visibile of a field "help" (shows or hides it)
> Here again works well on Mac and Windows but, with the Linux standalone, my
> user says that when he clicks on this button the field "help" is shown but
> is immediately hidden, and the stack is closed!!

Perhaps he is double-clicking on the button which would show then hide.
One way to avoid this is to have the button show the help field, and
then a click in the help field itself hides it.

Cheers,
Sarah